Friday, September 13, 2013

"Simple Song" - The Shins



Hello blog readers!  After a brief hiatus, I am here once again to remind you all of how fabulous my life is!  The cause of my absence was not that there weren’t any spectacular things happening… it was more that there were TOO MANY wonderful going ons that I couldn’t keep up with a simple blog post.  Let me start from the beginning…

Shortly after my mother’s birthday, my dear friend (and maid of honor) the wonderful Miss Liz King came to Kansas City.  Although the circumstances for her arrival were not particularly pleasant, I was able to spend a fantastic weekend with one of my best and oldest friends.  When Liz and I get together, we always pick up right where we left off.  It’s like we instantly transform back into the 12 year old girls we were when we had sleep overs at each other’s houses.  Only now we can drink, which makes it nuts.  
In our old age, we've also grown mustaches.

I miss Liz so, and I wish her and I could share more of our lives together.  But at the same time, I know she is making a wonderful life for herself in Spokane.  I only wish for her all the happiness in the world!  

The next weekend was Labor Day weekend, which marked the beginning of the wedding festivities for my friends Sarah Wittman and Chris Dolt, who are getting married at the end of September.  And festive it was!  We began our Saturday with the bachelorette party.  Like any good bachelorette party, there were penises EVERYWHERE.  We’re talking penis straws, penis plates, penis sprinkles on the cupcakes… if it was an object; there was a way to make it shaped like a wiener.     

Strangely enough I can't find any penises in this picture...
The following Sunday, I washed my hair (which was strangely sticky in odd places), threw on a pair of sunglasses, and dragged Eric to Chris and Sarah’s couple’s shower.  Now those two need to have Eric and I over for a “check out all my sweet new shit party” (I had one of those myself, if you do remember.  You can read about it here.)  I saw all that barware!  It needs to be broken in!  
 
Eric and I got them a sweet sandwich maker!
However, the most important things in this blog post, of course, must revolve around me.  This weekend I got a haircut!  I know, you must be thinking “big friggin’ deal, she got a haircut.”  But this was not just any haircut… this was a full style change!  My hair is now the shortest it’s been since the 6th grade.  And I look fabulous and womanly!  Eric can hardly keep his hands off of me!  Many thanks to the wonderful Linda Quach for updating my look and making me gorgeous as usual! 
Selfie in the elevator at work.  Short hair, don't care.

From the back!
 More fabulous things to come, as I continue through my journey of being a newlywed woman!  Who knows what this weekend will bring…  (I’m hoping a happy hour.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment