Wednesday, August 14, 2013

"Birthday" - The Beatles



Up until this point, I’ve only been able to blog about how fabulous my life is with Eric.  However, there are many more people in my life that make it so awesome.  The perfect example is my mother, the amazing Cindy Boersma.  

My mother is probably the only person in the world who may be more fabulous than I am... Let’s do the math: I consist of 50% of her DNA, which means that I am half as fabulous as she!  I owe my mom a lot.  It is from this amazing woman that I can credit a strong work ethic, feminist values, and impeccable taste.  Not to mention killer looks and the ability to eat as much ice cream as I want and not gain an ounce!  

Yesterday marked my mother’s birthday.  She turned 40… again.  (You do the math on that one.)  But seriously, she looks spectacular.  And being my mother’s only offspring, I wanted to help her have a birthday that is half as amazing as the woman she is.  

We met for lunch earlier that day, but after work we enjoyed a happy hour cocktail in her backyard and had some quality mother/daughter time.    One of my mother’s many talents is her very green thumb.  The yard at my parent’s house is practically a botanical garden, which makes it a fantastic place to have a relaxing evening.  
 
Perfect location for a vodka lemonade!
I got my mother a two part gift.  I couldn’t decide what to get her, so I just decided “hell, I’ll get her both.”  The first part was a wine tasting class at a local wine shop, and the second part was a canvas print from the wedding of our family.  

She's smiling because we have such an attractive family...
My father, Eric and I all went out to a seafood dinner with my mother to celebrate a fantastic birthday, and afterwards came back for more libations and peach pie in the garden.  Cheers to Cindy and her birthday!  She is a fabulous woman who has raised me to be (almost) as fabulous as she!  
Here's to many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment