Tuesday, July 16, 2013

"Giving Up the Gun" - Vampire Weekend



Hello friends and other creepers that may be reading my blog!  It’s been a little while since I’ve updated, but I wanted to remind everyone about how fabulous my married life is with Eric.  And this past weekend was the perfect example!  So I’ll give you guys the play-by-play of all the going ons. 

Really Excited for Mini Golf
On Friday Eric and I had another fabulous married date night.  On this particular evening… MINI GOLF!  I’ve always loved mini golf because I am not competitive at all.  Seriously, I do not give a rat’s ass if I win or lose, which is good, because I’m terrible at mini golf.  What really makes for a fun evening of mini golf is the pleasant company, enjoying a nice evening outdoors, and the fact that I have a long stick and some balls.  


Eric is one of those people who takes mini golf way too seriously.
Oh, and don’t forget that loser always buys a round after the game is finished.  Did I mention that I’m terrible at mini golf?  Therefore, in order to avoid losing, and thus paying for said round, cheating is necessary.  My never-fail tactic is to wear short shorts and shake my butt at Eric while he takes score.  Then I tell him whatever score I want.  I don’t think I’ve ever lost a game.  

Don't give Eric the camera and tell him to take your picture during mini golf. 
I won’t go into too many details about Saturday night because frankly, it was an embarrassment.  We were all having fun and it was a great night, then I became THAT girl at the bar.  So, my apologies to Jon, John, Manabu, and Bethany.  And thank you for continuing to be my friend.

So, needless to say, I woke up on Sunday and felt like hell.  It was like I was hit by a truck or something.  But I pulled myself out of bed, took a cold shower, slammed an entire liter of Power Aid, threw on a pair of sunglasses and went to JoAnn’s.  Because what better thing to do when you’re hung over then crafts?    

Because I already felt nauseous, I decided to conquer the part of my apartment that I usually feel like vomiting when I look at it.  I’m talking, of course, about my linen closet.
OH THE HUMANITY!
 It didn’t used to be this bad, I promise.  But after the wedding we got all these fabulous new towels and sheets.  My tiny closet became inundated with linens.  So after a good hour of folding and organizing (and a LOT of aspirin), here’s the after:   
OH DANG.  You could Pinterest that shit.
Here’s what I did: The little organizer boxes I got from target.  The signs were basically plywood scraps I got from JoAnns.  I spray painted them with chalkboard paint and glued some ribbons to the back. 
Crafty, I know.


Here’s some more shots of the finished project.


There’s actually extra space in that closet!  You could practically fit a dead body in there!   Or it can just be a good place for me to curl up and hide in a dark space the next time I’m horrendously hung over.  

I had some extra chalkboard paint, so I painted the glass of an old picture frame to make a chalkboard for the kitchen.  That way I can write love notes to Eric.

Yes, Eric and had pizza last night and you weren’t invited.  It was fantastic.  Be jealous. 

Overall, it was a weekend success!  

No comments:

Post a Comment